I was an original owner of a 1993 80 series but had to let it go back in 2019 after 26 years and regret it greatly. Therefore, my goal was to try and create a scale version of my 1-1. I selected the HPI Venture SBK kit mainly since it had room to build a full scale interior and found an LC80 hardbody on Amazon. Other than the base dashboard and front bumper found on Thingiverse which I modified using thinkercad for fit and more scale details, the other scale items were designed on tinkercad.
1) Dashboard printed in several parts, the main dashboard, the rear part of the dashboard with a mounting bracket, the instrument panel with vents, switches, radio, etc as one, steering wheel and column, and the passenger side air vent and glove box handle. Printed photos of my 1-1 instrumental panel and radio and glued them to the printed pieces.
2) Front bumper printed in 2 pieces, top bar assembly and bottom bumper. Modified the top bar by doubling the diameter for strength and printing it so that the printed layers were lengthwise for added strength.
3) You can see from one of my photos the iterations of the front seats. Settled on the painted gray one which I was satisfied with the more rounded seat that i was finally able to accomplish on tinkercad.
4) The center console and armrest, emergency brake handle, and the gear shift, low/high shifter and the whole center piece were printed separately and assembled on a platform printed so that it can easily be removed with 2 pins
5) the rear seat also went through 3 revisions and it used the actually rear body post mounts to mount the rear chair. This allows it to easily be removed with 2 pins as well.
6) Tailpipe end piece was created to copy my 1-1 Borla muffler
7) Front "TOYOTA", rear "T" and "4wheel drive" emblems created and printed and painted with Molotow liquid chrome pen
8) Emergency recovery tracks, jerry cans and cooler all downloaded from Thiniverse and printed
9) The original side mirrors that came with the body were rigid and broke off. So I designed one that can fold forward and backwards.
10) the original body had a license plate mold on the passenger side which I cut out and printed a panel to make it look the same as my 1-1. Used the mirror photo of the driver side section to fill the cut out and used bondo to smooth it all out.
11) Full front and rear door panels with handles, speaker grill and map pockets created on tinkercad and printed separately and glued together
12) Rear fender wells created on tinkercad
Overall, pretty happy with the outcome.