This rose is beautiful! My supports stuck to the petals a little too tight and when I removed those, the plastic was a kind of rough. To overcome that, I lightly brushed on thin layer of metallic green acrylic paint. You can't really tell in the photo, but it gives the leaves a very nice sheen. For the stem, I took a length of 15 amp copper wire - the white neutral side - and spray painted that with a candy apply green automotive paint. I drilled a small hole in the base of the petals and epoxied the wire in place. For the finishing touch, the completed rose was placed in an olive oil bottle with water tinted with blue food coloring.
The girlfriend absolutely LOVES this!