I decided to try out a sample of ruby PLA+ I purchased from Mad Maker Filament.
I enlarged the model to 400mm, imported it into LuBan to chop it into smaller blocks then sliced the blocks using Ideamaker. I used a custom fine setting of 0.1 with 3 shells, default printing speed at 40mm/s with the outer wall at 30mm/s. I used supports. I set the top and bottom layers at 6. The print temperature was 200C that was lowered to 190C after the third layer. The bed temperature was 70C.
It took about four days to print all the blocks. I'm still dialing in the retraction and temperature settings to deal with fine hairs over most of the blocks.
I used a Creality Ender-2 printer.
The filament has a deep ruby color that is difficult to photograph but has a pleasing shimmer.