Hey 3D design community! SelfCAD here, we wanted to liven things up during your quarantine with a 3D design competition that gives you the chance to test out our software completely free AND potentially win a brand new 3D printer to bring all your hobbyist needs to life!
This competition has three themes so you can choose any one! Are you an architect? Go for interiors! A prototype designer? Try something musical! Love to design for fun? Help us gear up for the upcoming holidays! SelfCAD cloud-based mesh modeler is intuitive meaning even if you've never used it before, it's got a simple learning curve and an arsenal of technical modeling tools at your fingertips.
SelfCAD offers you the space to render and model professional designs at any stage of learning. Hobbyists trying for the basics or professionals who want to tweak an STL without technical hoops and overly complicated softwares. There's even a host of editing tools that work directly on the mesh - so rather than hours, mesh operations take only seconds! Pro Tip: Try out our "Magic Fix" tool while you're 3D designing, to prep your object for 3D printability as you model - no slicing software needed to export your model either!
By entering into this competition, you'll even receive a FREE two month licence to SelfCAD's premium software so you can enjoy all-in-one 3D modeling from any computer.
Show us what you've got, for your chance to win! Check out these great videos by an educator stuck at home in quarantine, this video playlist really gets into the basics of 3D modeling and SelfCAD's easy to use software.Submit your design via SelfCad
Every participant will receive an exclusive free SelfCAD licence valid for two months!
Access SelfCad, design your model and make sure to export it straight to MyMiniFactory from SelfCAD iteselfClick HERE for a full introductory course on how to design with SelfCad.
So you want to win a design competition?
Here are some top tips to help you climb up the leader board:
- Think about your design(s) in relation to the brief and how best you might best optimise it for 3D printing.
- Make sure you download all designer resources so as to ensure you design for the right size components if you are not printing your own submission.
- Make sure to upload your design from the submit buttons provided in this page.
- Once your awesome design is approved, post it on twitter with #selfcad @MyMiniFactory @selfcad
- Read and understand the design brief.
- Thinkabout how you can best deliver a solution.
- Use the tips and resources provided
- Explain the concept behind your design.
- Presentprint, and photograph your design with care.