You might also like these free designs!
* Cog Twist Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-71772
* Star Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-80521
* Hex Twist Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-77281
* Rainbox Hex Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-77277
* Citrus Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-75181
* Heart Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-74727
* Crescent Twist Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-71925
And these premium designs:
* Invader Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-81169
* Vase Mode Hex Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-79143
I like thick walls and I cannot lie! This was an exercise in chunky design and interlocking parts. I mean, yes, I needed a few small boxes to organise some stuff, but there's definitely a heaping helping of gleeful tactile happiness as well.
3D printed plastic objects often have a sense of cheapness, and sturdy, rigid designs have a way of fighting against that. So, go forth with the confidence that your bits and bobs will not be housed in something flimsy.
Now, obviously each box has one male and one female connector. If you want to lock them together in a form other than a 2x2 box, just mirror some of them in your slicing software, and make whatever meandering shapes you choose.
Bonus! Check out the Jigsaw Vase model, which is compatible with these boxes: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/jigsaw-vase-50426