Needed a place to put my SCT since a move around of stuff left it without it's own space. A wall mount for it seemed ideal and keeps it on display.
This mount is designed to fit wheels with 120mm diametre with any size wheelbase.
- 20x20mm square dowel (measure the space between the wheels, multiply by 2 and then add 200mm to that to get the desired length of dowel)
- 8x 20mm long screws (4mm wide)
- Wall mounting screws and appropriate wall plugs if needed.
- Wood saw
- Drill with 2mm drill bit
1. Once printed and cleaned up place the end of the dowel into one of the pieces on the lower insert so that the rest of the dowel extends out the flattest side.
2. Pre-tap 2 of the 20mm screws down the length of the print to mark where the screws will enter the dowel.
3. Remove the dowel and drill through the dowle where the screws have lefta mark.
4. Put the dowel back on the print and screw in the 2 20mm screws all the way.
5. Slide on the other print and line up the wheels with the wheel cups so that the car will sit comfortably but not too tight. I measured correctly earlier you'll have some excess dowel so you can adjust the fit now before making any cuts.
6. Repeat the previous steps on this side to fasten screws into this side.
7. Cut the dowel just off the end of the print and place it on the upper inserts of both prints.
8. Drill through the upper dowel via the small holes through the wheel cup then screw in the last 4 20mm screws.
9. Cut off the excess dowel on all 4 ends.
10. Now with the mount complete attach to a wall via the dowel with whatever is required to do so for that type of surface be it screw straight into the wall, predrill and insert plugs and so on. For me I drilled into solid wood and used 40mm lond screws to secure it.
If you're interested in the GoPro mount on the Tenacity check that out below