Supports may be required for "Gear Crown.stl".
Parts I Purchased:
1) Gear Motor: DC 6V 60 RPM High Torque Electric Replacement Gear Box Motor (Amazon).
2) LED: Diffused white led (various sources).
3) Resistor: 330ohm 1/8 watt (various sources).
4) Coaxial Power Jack: Coaxial (Radio Shack part number 274-1583).
5) Power Supply: 6VDC (Radio Shack 273-315).
Print 2 "Pin.stl". Print 1 each of the remaining pieces.
When printing "Gear Crown.stl", supports may be required depending on your printer, printer settings and color.
Prior to assembly, test fit and trim, file, sand, etc. all parts as necessary for smooth movement of moving surfaces, and tight fit for non moving surfaces. Depending on the colors you chose and your printer settings, more or less trimming, filing and/or sanding will be required. If the tight fitting components are too loose, add a small dot of cyanoacrylate to each side of the pin, allow to dry completely (I use accelerator to speed the process), then try the fit again. Repeat until tight.
Assemble as per "Assembly.stl". I perform the assembly task in the following order:
1) Using a modeling knife, carefully remove the support material from the hexagonal hole and wiring trough from "Base.stl".
2) Solder and test the LED assembly. The LED assembly consists of the LED, the 330 ohm 1/8 watt resistor, two 1.5" lengths of 28 gauge stranded wire, and heat shrink tubing. From the base of the LED to the end of the resistor, the assembly should be no longer than 8mm such that it fits inside of "Axle Lighted.stl".
3) Press the LED assembly into "Axle Lighted.stl". From the disk side of "Axle Lighted.stl", insert the LED assembly, wires first.
4) Press two "Pin.stl" into "Gear Crown.stl". After testing, a small dot of thick cyanoacrylate may be used to hold them in position.
5) Using the axle lighted assembly, attach the gear crown assembly to "Base.stl" making sure the axle lighted assembly wire slot aligns with the wire trough on "Base.stl". The gear crown assembly should rotate freely on the axle.
6) Press "Gear Motor.stl" onto the gear motor.
7) With the LED assembly wires carefully positioned in the wire trough on "Base.stl", carefully slide the gear motor assembly into "Based.stl" starting from the end opposite of the wire trough.
8) Attach the coaxial power jack to "Top.stl".
9) Solder the coaxial power jack center terminal and the LED assembly positive terminal to the motor positive terminal. Solder the battery holder negative terminal and the LED assembly negative terminal to the motor negative terminal.
10) Test the assembly for proper operation. The LED should illuminate and the motor should turn.
11) Press "Top.stl" onto the base assembly noting the alignment slot.
12) Attach "Ghost.stl" to the gear crown assembly by sliding the pin heads into the large holes in "Ghost.stl", then rotating "Ghost.stl" counter clockwise (as viewed from the top) to secure it in place on the gear crown assembly.
Plug it in and enjoy!