I love the world of StarCraft so I had to try and sculpt this Baneling. I recently acquired a 3D printer again so I just had to try and print this one. I always like to go big and maximize my builds. This is because I want to see the details that I made and this won't show up when printing very small objects with a 200 micron printer.
I've split everything in parts that have keys so this should al fit(snap) together. I did it's 'acidic sacks' with Glow in the Dark PLA material to have a cool effect, you can put it on your nightstand next to your bed :P You can view the whole proces of my making at my Behance website. Optionally you can find a turntable render of the Baneling here on Youtube. I do this for fun, not for money. But if you want to encourage me, I do like the tipping though! ;-)
Some tips and what I did:
- depending on what printer you have and what material you print, the teeth/jaws might a bit of sanding down at it's base.
- I printed my version with PLA, works excellent.
- I used a Alabastine plaster spray (grey) for coating and levelling out the ridges and striations a bit. Needs a few layers though and a bit of sanding.
- You can paint directly on the Alabastine plaster spray ;-) No need for priming unless you want use something special I guess
- I printed this on a crappy Cubify 2nd gen at 200 microns.