This is a customizable clip to attach cables and pipes to skirting boards, walls and other surfaces.
This design can be customized to suit cables and pipes of almost any shape or size; from round, to square or flat. You name it! You can customize it to suit many different sizes of nails and screws too.
Not only that, this is our largest project yet. With over 3,400 STL files included, you can just pick what you need without even having to customize it. Please note: Due to MyMiniFactory limitations, we are unable to to upload them all here, but they are available from Thingiverse.
This design is completely free and shared under a permissive license. Your support is hugely appreciated.
OpenSCAD Customizer Options
This design has the following Customizer options:
- Cable_Hole_Width - The width of the cable hole
- Cable_Hole_Height - The height of the cable hole
- Cable_Hole_Corner_Radius_Percentage - The size of the corner radius as a percentage
- Nail_Hole_Diameter - The diameter of the nail hole
- Nail_Head_Diameter - The diameter of the nail head
- Nail_Head_Countersink_Angle - Nail countersink angle (82 and 90 are common)
- Nail_Outer_Corner_Radius_Percentage - The size of the outer corner radius as a percentage
- Material_Thickness - The thickness of the material
- Rotate_For_Printing - Rotate onto side or top for easier printing
This project comes with a huge selection of STLs. Due to MyMiniFactory limitations, we are unable to to upload them all here, but they are available from Thingiverse.
Depending on your needs, we recommend printing this in a flexible, durable, impact resistant and/or heat resistant filament. For example, TPU, nylon or ABS.
- 1.0 (22 Feb 2021) - Initial version
Recommended slicer settings:
- Resolution: 0.1mm - 0.2mm
- Infill: 20% - 80% depending how flexible or durable you need it to be.
- Supports: Generally should not be required.
- Rafts: Not required, unless you have adhesion issues.
The "Cable Clip with Nail Hole" models (.stl) are licensed under the CC BY license by Code and Make.
The "Cable Clip with Nail Hole" code (.scad) is licensed under The MIT License by Code and Make.
We are proud to offer content to you absolutely free.
We love to create free content for you. As you might imagine, it takes a lot of time. Supporters help us fund materials and equipment to create future projects and tutorials. To show your appreciation, please use the link below:
We thank you so much for your support!