MyMiniFactory have teamed up with Extreme Fliers for an exciting new 3D design competition. Extreme Fliers has launched their latest Indiegogo campaign: The Micro Drone 3.0. We want you to use 3D printing and 3D design to create awesome looking drone shrouds, turning the standard Micro Drone 3.0 into something epic! This design brief is open to anyone, so get those creative juices flowing and see what you can come up with! The top 3 designs with the most downloads at the end of the voting period will receive a brand new Micro Drone 3.0 with their submitted design attached to the drone.
Below are examples of 3D printed Micro drone shrouds to help you get inspired. Go wild, even if its just MeshMixing something fun onto the frame, you dont have to be a professional designer to take part!
Download the Micro Drone 3.0 template to start designing.
• Submit your design using the green "upload" button below
• The Microdrone can hold 18g when flying, please keep that in consideration when designing!
• You can submit as many entries as you like
• For tips for designing for 3D printing, check out this blog post. Email [email protected] if you would like any further assistance.
• If your design is in multiple parts, please make sure you submit all parts -as STLS- with instructions or diagrams of how they fit together.
• Each part of your design must fit within a build volume of 15 x 15 x 15 cm.
• If you have any special instructions for your design, please let us know in the description box.
• This is a global competition and you can enter regardless of your location.
• Once submitted you will still retain complete ownership of your design, however once printed the STL will be made available to the public to freely download.
• Voting rules: Multiple downloads by the same user do not count!
For any questions about the 3D design competition please head over to our blog as we have a dedicated competition FAQ post as well as tips for 3D printing post's Read them HERE.