Back by popular demand! MyMiniFactory and Extreme Fliers have returned with Micro Drone 3.0 Design competition (Part 2). Due to the amount of amazing submissions we received from the first competition and the incredible success of the Micro Drone Indiegogo campaign, we have decided to see what else the community could come up with!
This is a call for all 3D designers to submit 3D designs to the competition page and enter the competition. If you are not a 3D designer but would like to take part then you can submit a sketch or drawing of your idea into the competition. However, if you would like to enter a Sketched idea please submit it as a zip file. Micro Drone will be bringing your sketched ideas to life with their modelling team; the best ones will be placed into the competition.
We want you to use your creativity to create awesome looking drone shrouds; turn the standard Micro Drone 3.0 into something epic! This design brief is open to anyone, so get those creative juices flowing and see what you can come up with! The top 3 designs with the most downloads at the end of the voting period will receive a brand new Micro Drone 3.0 with their submitted design attached to the drone. This Design competition is open for all, so download the Drone template from the competition page and start designing today!
Download the Micro Drone 3.0 template to start designing.
• Submit your design using the green "upload" button below
• The Microdrone can hold 18g when flying, please keep that in consideration when designing!
• You can submit as many entries as you like
• For tips for designing for 3D printing, check out this blog post. Email [email protected] if you would like any further assistance.
• If your design is in multiple parts, please make sure you submit all parts -as STLS- with instructions or diagrams of how they fit together.
• Each part of your design must fit within a build volume of 15 x 15 x 15 cm.
• If you have any special instructions for your design, please let us know in the description box.
• This is a global competition and you can enter regardless of your location.
• Once submitted you will still retain complete ownership of your design, however once printed the STL will be made available to the public to freely download.
• Voting rules: Multiple downloads by the same user do not count!
For any questions about the 3D design competition please head over to our blog as we have a dedicated competition FAQ post as well as tips for 3D printing post's Read them HERE.