I split the whole model into 3 parts, wheat, north, and south. there is a hole inside the wheat (bottom part of it), which the top part of the north part would be inserted in. the south and north parts shall be glued together.
I tried printing south and north parts with 20% infill, which on Makerbot (south part) it worked good, but for the north part on another printer (which I don't remember its name), it didn't. apparently, there was a problem with the extruder and I think if I have had done it using the other Makerbot 3D printer it would have been good too. for these two parts support is not needed.
wheat part took about 1 hour 20 min. the south part almost the same, and the north part about 5 hours.
I printed the wheat part in 'stand up' position, and used support for it.
I didn't have time to paint the part, but if you want to do it, I would suggest printing the north and south parts with a blue filament, and the wheat by yellow. this way oceans are blue already and wheat looks more naturalistic. then you can paint lands in green, probably south pole by white, and the gear by grey!