How much fun is this!? Put a ball bearing in the cube and tip it around to guide the ball through the three-dimensional maze. You can watch a video of game play in this Youtube video of a 3-by-3-by-3 maze or this video of the Cube-asaurus Rex DIMLabyrinth.
We see you've come for a real challenge. Mad respect. Try this entry in our line of DIMLabyrinth marble mazes. The path passes through all locations in a 5-by-5-by-5 cube. A continuous path connects the entrance to the exit but this one includes dead ends to elevate the frustration level. The starting hole at the entrance is marked with an "S" and the exit hole at the end with an "E".
For a far simpler challenge, try any of our N-by-N-by-N DIMLabyrinths, N = 2 or 3.
For a real challenge, well, you found your match with this one.
Please visit our DIMLabyrinth site! Or visit our DIMLab site!
-UPDATE: A model with thicker exterior walls has been added to the download. The resulting print features a more robust exterior. The model is stronger and easier to print. For our own prints, the exterior surface is smoother with fewer defects. The file with thicker exterior walls has a TH at the beginning of its name.
- This print requires no supports and can be prone to stringing. If you do not have a way of melting the strings (a hair dryer potentially), slide a #2 pencil through each set of holes to clear the paths.
- Each maze is printed with an 0.2 mm layer height with 10% infill and 3 walls.
- On larger mazes, good bed adhesion is needed to keep the corners from peeling up. If you have a glass bed some glue from a basic glue stick will help improve adhesion as will other adhesives designed for 3D printing beds.
- A 7/16" ball bearing (purchased separately) is used to navigate the path inside of the cube. The holes along the maze path are large enough for the ball bearing to readily pass through, while all other holes prevent its passage.
- The entrance and exit hole are large enough for the ball bearing to pass in and out of the cube. This allows the ball bearing to accidentally fall on the floor and roll to a location you cannot find no matter how hard you search. Trust us on this one.