I designed this fume extraction unit for exhausting ABS from my enclosures. It uses afordable HEPA air filters and charcoal filters along with a 50mm fan to get the job done! Can fit any wall thickness by simply varying the length of securing screws!
Easily printable with minimal supports (on 90* overhang only). Printed in 3 peices for aesthetics and ease of assembly.
Parts required: (Note: Using these links support me with Amazon's affiliate program!)
HEPA Filter (Comes in pack of 4) https://amzn.to/2rXPLUJ
Charcoal Filter (Cut to fit) https://amzn.to/2LrsSja
12V Fan https://amzn.to/2YhUwEE OR 24V Fanhttps://amzn.to/2Pncqls
SPST Toggle Switch https://amzn.to/36aoWLR
Reccomended: Heat-Set Inserts and hardware for M3 & M5 screws (See Pictures) https://amzn.to/2rhpZL2
1. Install heat set thread inserts
1A. Install toggle switch
2. Mate ENCFANBODY to ENC BODY with M5 Screws
3. Cut charcoal filter to size and slide in slot closest to fan
4. Slide in HEPA filter
5. Install ENCLID with M3 screws.
6. Cut hole in enclosure wall/roof to match 50mm fan diameter (dont forget a slot for wires to pass through!)
7. Install filter housing. Enclosure wall is sandwiched by filter housng and fan (with fan on the inside)
8. Enjoy a CLEAN, SAFE, and ODOR FREE printing environment! After a print finishes turn on the exhaust fan to clean the air within the enclosure and cool down the printer faster. Allow 10 minutes before opening door (this time will depend on size of enclosure).