A modular garden for indoor or outdoor use that upcycles the 250ml aluminum can into a gardening system that can be used to grow herbs for the kitchen and makes the place smell nice. Just follow the steps and start your garden today! Huge list of plants at bottom.
If each person in the U.S. alone builds a 20-can garden, 6 billion aluminum cans will be growing edible plants that can provide an O2 boost to the environment.
Line them up on window sills, bunch them together outside, or cooler yet you can create a pathway to your front door.
Solid part for indoor use & heart shaped hole for outdoor use.
1. Use a can opener to take the top off of a 250ml can.
2. Poke 5-10 holes in the bottom of it.
3. Place the can in the 3d-printed part.
4. Fill the can with gardening soil an inch away from top.
5. Use couplers as needed for an ever-growing garden.
6. Push a finger into the soil up to first knuckle.
7. Drop in herb seeds like Cilantro, Basil, Rosemary, etc.
8. Cover seeds with soil.
9. Water lightly.
10. Put a dent in global aluminum can waste.
11.(Optional) Place Watering Clip on the can and place the fish tank tubing into clip, then poke holes as indicated in picture.
12.Cut hole in cap of 2L bottle, insert free end of fish tank tubing and hot glue in place. Fill 2L bottle with water and hang upside down I.V. style.
13. Use in combination with Sun Catcher to Maximize photosynthesis!
Here's a small list of various plants to choose from:
California Sunset, Mother of Thousands, Sedum rubrotinctum, Fred Ives(really cool), Graptopetalum paraguayense, ghost plant(amazing!)
Basil, Cilantro, Parsley, Chives, Rosemary, Fennel, Lemongrass, Wheatgrass, Sage, Thyme, Parsley, Bay Tree, Coriander, Spearmint, Dill, Oregano, etc
—-18 mint types (mountainvalleygrowers.com/mint.htm)
Banana, Corsican, Moroccan, Habek, Egyptian, Lemon Bergamot, Peppermint, Pineapple, Orange bergamot mint, chocolate mint, lavender mint, penny royal, curly spearmint, Mint the Best, Kentucky Colonel spearmint, apple mint, Macho mint, etc.
Radishes-20 days max
Snappeas- 28 to 40 days
Zucchini- 42 to 52 days
Green Onions- 20 to 30 days
Runner Beans- once plant reaches 20cm, pick beans every 2-3 days