--Moved from Thingiverse--
Part 2 of the NeoDue upgrade - a 5" display case that fits onto the Neo (and can be printed on it despite its print size limitations).
- one of each parts
- 7x 3 mm x 14 mm plastic screws (four for the display, three for assembling the base pieces together)
- 1x 3 mm x 6 mm plastic screw for the adapter board of the display
- 4x 3 mm x 8 mm plastic screws for mounting the display onto the base
- 2x M4 x 20...30 mm screws for mounting the complete display onto the Neo (i used some leftovers from Ikea with a large head). Preferrably you might want cut the thread for these screws ont the Neo metal base, otherwise you will need two M4 nuts to scure the screws.
Additionally you will need a drill for the holes (screws and cable) in the printer itself.
Prior to assembly:
- try to assemble the parts, slightly sand the connecting geometries if needed.
- surface finish all parts as you like
- remove adapter board from touchscreen
- assemble display frame and display by using the two connector rods and the four 14mm screws. Take care you place the connector rods correctly.
- place base parts onto Neo printer and check if they fit correctly. The connection surfaces are partially cut out so that they can easily be sanded down one mm were needed to accomodate for manufacturing tolerances of the frame. Both pieces should fit snugly over their whole contact surface (visible from the sides).
- assemble both base parts by screwing them together with the remaining 14mm screws. Carefully align them in this process.
- check the correct seating on the Neo frame once more, slide the base to the left until it touches the left wall of the Neo case.
- with the base seated, mark the holes for the M4 screws and the holes for the wire. The hole for the wire facing the display should be rather on the right side of the cable channel to enable the sliding movement needed for seating.
- drill the holes, cut the M4 thread, very carefully remove any burrs and sharp edges from the cable holes.
- assemble base part and display and secure with the four 8mm screws
- guide cable through holes in Neo base, slide display into place and secure with M4 screws.
- plug cable into your Duet electronics and enjoy your upgraded 3D printer with Wifi and display :-)
The hole nearby the "E" of the Neo logo in the display frame can be used to push the "Erase" button of the display. The hole inside the Duet Logo can be used to reset the display if needed. The USB port for updating the display firmware is accessible from the side.
- Resolution: 0,15 mm
- Infill: 50%
- a flat printing bed is needed (I use a glass plate)
- all connections are designed to tolerate max. 0.1mm of dimensional error. If your printer does not achieve this, you might need to file/sand the parts to fit.