After weeks in the making it is finally here!
*Note* Pictures of final assmebled board will be uploaded soon (all parts have been tested and will print just fine), but my printer is busy with some Endgame prints this week!
Every since I designed and released the polypanels hexagon, it was inevitable that I would come out with polypanels catan! This Catan board is a gorgeous modern artistic take on the classic catan resource tiles. The fact that these polypeices are so modular makes this catan set perfect for gamers who want to upgrade their boards and expand them for maore players or longer more complex gameplay.
Don't worry, this amazingly cool dual color technique can be accomplished by any FDM 3D Printer. Simply pause the print (for standard .2 mm layer heights this should be at 1.6mm but check in your slicer just to be sure) and swap out the filament.
Print the following peices:
- 1 x Polypanels_Catan_2.stl
- 1 x Polypanels_Catan_12.stl
- 2 x Polypanels_Catan_3.stl
- 2 x Polypanels_Catan_4.stl
- 2 x Polypanels_Catan_5.stl
- 2 x Polypanels_Catan_6.stl
- 2 x Polypanels_Catan_8.stl
- 2 x Polypanels_Catan_9.stl
- 2 x Polypanels_Catan_10.stl
- 2 x Polypanels_Catan_11.stl
- 1 x Polypanels_Catan_Desert.stl
- 3 x Polypanels_Catan_Mountain.stl
- 3 x Polypanels_Catan_Brick.stl
- 4 x Polypanels_Catan_Wood.stl
- 4 x Polypanels_Catan_Wheat.stl
- 4 x Polypanels_Catan_Sheep.stl
- 1 x Polypanels_Catan_Water_1-2.stl
- 1 x Polypanels_Catan_Water_2-3.stl
- 1 x Polypanels_Catan_Water_3-4.stl
- 1 x Polypanels_Catan_Water_4-5.stl
- 1 x Polypanels_Catan_Water_5-6.stl
- 1 x Polypanels_Catan_Water_6-1.stl
I recommend assembling the board from the inside out, ending with the water border, simply because it makes snapping the panels together easier. You will notice that the water peices all have one number on each edge, this is so that you can match up two edges of water with the same number so that you can ensure the best ports are properly dispersed.