Last week we shared some fully-customizable handles, which quickly became no. 1 on Thingiverse's "popular things from the last 7 days" list! We are so pleased you liked our project. We really appreciate your support. A huge thank you goes out to you all!
Based on the overwhelming popularity of the previous design, we're sharing another fully-customizable design with you. This time we have a fully customizable card dispenser.
We originally created this for a game where each player has to race to draw cards. As you can imagine, the cards were constantly ending up in a huge mess! Well, not any more!
We created this card dispenser to keep things a little more organised, but we soon realised that card dispensers are useful for many games and even for things like business cards!
We hope you find this useful. We'd love to know how you've used this, so please share your makes and comments.
This design is completely free and shared under a permissive license. Your support is hugely appreciated.
Did you know?
Some of our designs cannot be found on MyMiniFactory. If you are looking for more, check out our premium projects:
OpenSCAD Customizer Options
You can customize everything from the size of your cards, to the number of decks it will hold and you can even create a left-handed version.
- `Playing_Card_Width` - The width of your playing cards
- `Playing_Card_Height` - The height of your playing cards
- `Deck_Height` - The height of your deck (increase slightly above actual height of deck)
- `Number_of_Decks` - Number of decks (will rotate for printing if > 1)
- `Tilt_X_Angle` - Deck tilt angle along X
- `Tilt_Y_Angle` - Deck tilt angle along Y
- `Material_Thickness` - Minimum thickness of the material
- `Thumb_Hole_Radius` - Radius of the thumb hole (0 for none)
- `Top_Cover` - Add a cover (will rotate for printing)
- `Left_Handed` - Flip for left-handed players
For faced-paced games, we recommend setting a higher deck height so that the walls can catch the cards.
Sleeved cards have a tendency to slip around, so we recommend increasing the tilt angles.
- 1.0 (11 Nov 2020) - Initial version
Recommended slicer settings:
- Resolution: 0.1mm - 0.2mm
- Infill: 10 - 20% should suffice, but try increasing if you'd like the dispenser to be heavier.
- Supports: Doesn't Matter
- Rafts: Doesn't Matter
We recommend attaching a piece of sticky felt or some sticky feet to the bottom of the card dispenser.
The "Quick Draw Card Dispenser" models (.stl) are licensed under the CC BY license by Code and Make.
The "Quick Draw Card Dispenser" code (.scad) is licensed under The MIT License by Code and Make.
Please note: The CC-BY license has been selected on MyMiniFactory because MyMiniFactory's list of licenses does not include MIT.
We are proud to offer content to you absolutely free.
We love to create free content for you. As you might imagine, it takes a lot of time. Supporters help us fund materials and equipment to create future projects and tutorials. To show your appreciation, please use the link below:
We thank you so much for your support!