Welcome to Sci-Fi City, a realm full of futuristic features to explore in your marble-mobile. Roll high in the sky across the city railway, get caught in a swivel arm at the construction zone, or drift across one of the city's moving platforms. Control the city's features at your very own control panel and get a taste of the future!
This print makes a perfect desk toy or a great introduction of basic mechanical principles for a future engineer. No supports needed! Download and print today!
Designed for 3/8" steel ball bearings. Two rubber bands and a bit of gluing required.
All pieces are designed to be printed with no supports. Depending on how your slicer imports the STLs, you may have to rotate them so that they are oriented with their flat face on the build plate.
Make sure to print every piece once, with the exception of the knob, which is printed twice.
- Place the Lever into the base, and the Steps and Button on top of it.
- Loop a thin rubber band around the Sliding Post as pictured, then loop the rubber band around both Back Axles and the Knob.
- Loop another thin rubber band around the Swivel Arm Base and the second Knob.
- Place the Playing Field over all the parts so far. Make sure all parts placed so far line up with their respective holes in the playing field.
- Press the Sliding Platform on top of the Sliding post.
- Press the Swivel Arm into the square hole in the Swivel Arm base.
- Press the Guard Rail into the holes on the Playing Field.
- Take two 2.5" cuttings of filament and bend them until they are as straightened out as possible. Glue them into the grooves spanning the two towers. (Be careful to not have the glue spill over and interfere with the track)
- Place additional filament cuttings into the spire holes for added Sci-Fi effect.
- Have fun!