For your consideration is the ultimate response to 3D Printing Nerd’s spool holding challenge.
· Unique “Terminator” inspired design. Check out the short clip here https://youtu.be/nMd2pQnoaCg
· Integrated removeable supports-simply twist out with nippers or pliers.
· Barrel prints best with minimal supports, see photo of sliced example
· Optional locking tabs-requires (3) ¼-20 x 1” bolts and only needs aligned once for proper placement. Holes may need tapped; depending on accuracy of your printer.
· Optional spool rollers-install with about 4” of regular 14ga solid household wire; raises and reduces the contact area allowing for easier unspooling of filament by your printer.
· Directional indicator-if the lock tabs are not used, the holder works best when unspooled in a clockwise direction.
· Choice of lengths for either 1kg spools (Spoolanator_v2) or 5kg spools (Spoolanator Long.)
· Reversed engineered 3DPN shelf bracket. (Sorry Joel, but it's for a good cause.)
· A detailed structural analysis of bracket and Spoolanator available upon request.
· NO CHARGE FOR DOWNLOAD, but each download and proof of printing will be equivalent to an A$5 (approx. $3.50 U.S.) so if 58 of you download, print, and share then all proceeds generated from now till the end of 2018 will be matched (up to $200) and donated to Akron’s Children Hospital.