This is a model of the Turboprop Engine for Business Aircraft, etc.
Engine of this class has many features other than the large size jet (fan) engine.
- Smaller size - Higher RPM - Lighter weight
These features make the complex air flow and unique configuration.
There are two types of this class engine;
- Direct drive
This type model was uploaded to the following URL.
- Free turbine
This cutaway model is the free turbine type imaging PT6A engine and, etc.
- Features of this model has 2 major assemblies
①. Free Turbine Assy (Forward of Engine)
(1) Power Turbine Rotor
(2) Dual Planetary Reduction Gearing
(3) Exhaust Ducts
②. Gas Generator Assy (Backward of Engine)
(1) Circumferential Type Air Intake
(2) Combination Type Compressor (Axial + Centrifugal)
(3) Reverse Flow Combustion Chamber
(4) Axial stage Turbine
(5) Accessory Gear Box (including Oil Tank)
- Assembly Manual (PDF format, total 19 pages)
The detail assembly manual including "Parts-List", "After printing treatment" and "Assembly procedure" are prepared based on "Standard Skill (Filing, Drilling, Tapping and painting)".
Download files includes;
-files: STL Files (60 items)
STL file name: "ws" of last 2 digits means "With Support" which special designed.
-images: Parts Breakdown for assembly Aid, Subassembly Photos
-PDF (Zip) File: Assembly Manual
Purchase Parts Information; (No Metal Ball Bearing is used)
See Parts List
Micro screws M1.4x3.5L - Appox. 50 ea - Direct screw-in to 1 mm dia hole (No nut)
Screws M2 x ** - See Parts List
Total Net Print Time: Approx. 50HR
- (Estimated as case of PLA, 0.4mm Nozzle, 0.2mm Layer Height, 40% infill and No raft and support)
Note: When at actual print, each parameter may be adjusted by your experience.
3D printing settings
Raft, Support, Layer Height, Infill: Depending on your experience.
But the parts having gear, small shaft and thin portion: 100% infill is recommended.
My models were printed by "idbox" using with 0.4 nozzle, 1.75 PLA.
This is the most challengeable item in the creations which I made before.
I do hope your success!!
In order to make removal of "Special Support" easy, the support design was changed.
The part itself is the same.
The modified STL Files are as follows;
[1 peace type] - Modified design to get more success
- Comp-Rotor801ws.stl (Original: Comp-Rotor01ws.stl)
[3 pieces type]
I hope your work to be much improved.