I decided to do a 2nd revision using PETG (for durability) and painting it (since there are no "shiny" PETG filaments). I did use PLA for the side grips, bottom of the grip and the bullets, though, since I already had the right color filament for them and I wasn't worried about durability as much on those parts. On top of the painting, I decided to experiment with a little weathering. As reference I was using pictures of the original prop from when it was put up for auction, plus video Adam Savage made of a visit to the guy that bought it. That gun had weathering/rust on the exposed metal parts that I tried to simulate. (Not a master painter, by any means).
Among the changes to the model that I added:
Next to the text on the left side of the chamber I put a symbol that was on the original. On the right side, I put some text toward the end of the it that included a 2 digit number, a dot, and an odd symbol.
On the top of the chamber there was a screw that I added.
On the back of the slide there was a screw that I added.
For the post from the underbarrel fitting to the bottom of the barrel, I punched it through the underbarrel fitting, curved it where it meets the barrel, and put a "hex" indentation on the bottom.
I made my own bullets with a full rim, and updated the cylinder on the gun so the full rim fit.
I updated the small dial on the right side of the cylinder housing so it's a little more accurate to what is on the original gun.
I still need to work on the LED electronics to fit in the housing under the barrel, and one or two things "not quite right" but it worked out alright overall. At some put I'll try to upload the remixed parts.